Warning for conservative readers addected to paper books: Do NOT continue. Risk of nausea.
Book summaries can be used as:
- promotional microcontent for an efficient sharing at social networks to attract readers' attention and
- cheat sheets for the broadest possible utilization of the thoughts in the business books in practise.
There are various forms of book summaries e.g.
- written book summaries ,
- videos presented at TED or YouTube,
- mind maps ,
- infographics ,
- pictures & texts presented at Instagram ,
- mobile apps etc.
Microcontent explaining the key message at the space of a single tweet
Complete Sales/Value Funnel
The ideal state is obviously the interconnection of:
- promotional microcontent for attracting the attention of potential readers
- selling books in the form of audiobooks, ebooks or books,
- using summaries as cheat sheets to utilize book's conntent in the practice
in the complete consistent path and eco-system.
Note: Book summaries are currently pretty un-consolidated area i.e. with the highest potential for innovation.
- Related Concepts
- Collaborative Learning- A situation in which two or more people learn or attempt to learn something together. Unlike individual learning, people engaged in collaborative learning capitalize on one another's resources and skills (asking one another for information, evaluating one another's ideas, monitoring one another's work, etc.).
- Collaborative Strategic Reading (CSR) - CSR consists of four reading comprehension strategies: (1) preview the text, (2) click and clunk, (3) get the gist, and (4) wrap up.
- Existing Platforms
- Glose - Next generation reading and learning platform, on a mission to enhance reading and revolutionise how we learn.
- Audio Books
- Meetings & Community
- Social & Team Communication
- Twitter, FB, Linkedin, Instagram, Poetizer...
- Slack, Yammer...
What do you think?
- How do you organize your "reading platform"?
- Would you use complete platform as a service?
- Other thoughts?