Many payments are done by mobile apps these days. It's an unique opportunity - to provide customers with more meaningful information than just amounts of money and automate booking of payments for SMEs and corporations.
The only necessary step is to agree on standards of enriched payment data - democratized EDI for 21th century,
Idea of Enriched Payment Data Standard - View in Miro
More details about verticals
- Enriched payments in hospitality - you not only pay the drinks and meals but order them, so service time is cut to 1/2
- Enriched payments in retail (in Czech) - you not ony pay but obtain info about the nutrition facts about the food you have bought - critical e.g. if you need to improve your eating habits
- Enriched payments in petrol stations & chargers (in Czech) - you not only pay but share also other information necessary to settle of the payments in fully automatic way, lead you and your team to more eficient driving, receive reasonable recommendation about your fleet management etc.
What is necessary for that? Very "little".
So what is necessary for delivery of promised valu i.e. "Provide customers with more meaningful information than just amounts of money and automate booking of payments"?
"Almost" nothing. "Just" agree on the open data format to transfers "enriched payments data for various verticals. How it could look like? It is enough if various apps from Uber, Shell etc. will send not only the receipts in graphical form but also in a structured "open data" way. Possible example of relevant e-mail from the petrol and charging stations:
Thank you very much for using our services.
You will find the receipt attached and data for automated processing below.
## ENRICHED PAYMENT DATA FOR AUTOMATED PROCESSING - DO NOT CHANGE ##
AMOUNT/CURRENCY/SUPPLIER/PROVIDER/PAYMENT ID 1 /PAYMENT ID 2 : 1300,CZK,Shell, Axigon,405000101, 2324116081
CAR LICENCE/MILEAGE/UNIT: 1AP6903,125015,KM
POSITION / DATE / TIME /ZONE : 50.0876088, 14.3491173, 2019-07-08, 13:45,CET
COMPANY/ EMPLOYEE / COSTCENTER / CUSTOMER / PROJECT: Blue Ideas Ltd., Roman Ripa, 20, ,
Banks could be pretty good leaders in that. They can exploit their experiences in "Open Banking" forced by EU/EC and help their corporate clients like petrol station chains to adopt the concept as their competitive advantage.
Interested in this?
- Would you use this service as a customer?
- Would you use this service as supplier? From which vertical - pertron stations, hospitality, retail, others?
- Would you use this service as bank, e-shop or ERP vendor?
- Under which conditions?
Roman Řípa - Focused on innovation and market strategies at www.bluestrategy.cz , participated e.g. in digital posters development, tried to be a citizen at www.rozpocetobce.cz showing the budgets of all municipalities in Czech Republic. and helped the SMEs in www.profirmy.eu .